The heroes arrived at Oleg’s Trading Post and were greeted warmly by Svetlana Leveton; co-owner of the trading post with her husband Oleg. Svetlana offered to feed them and help them settle in, all the while thanking them for agreeing to assist with bandit troubles. The heroes had no idea what she was talking about, but agreed to assist anyways.
Meanwhile Oleg was treating them gruffly but was willing to give the heroes any information they needed. The heroes learned the following:
- The bandits had been taking their “taxes” for 3 months.
- When the bandits first arrived there were over a dozen of them and a scary lady with two hand axes.
- The Levetons have not seen the axe lady since the first encounter and the bandits have come with less and less men each time they come to collect their “taxes”.
- One hooded bandit with a bow acted as the leader. Oleg suspects he’s some sort of lieutenant.
The heroes surprised the bandits and killed the hooded bandit. They managed knock out three bandits and tied them up to interrogate them.
- Svetlana offered the heroes free room and board at the outpost while they scout the Savage Lands. This makes the outpost the perfect base of operations for buying and selling goods found in the wilderness. It also is a good place to recover from the dangers in the wild as well as gather information from other travelers in the area.
- Finn completely disregarded the plan as laid out by the bard. How will the rest of the party handle this? Is some sort of leadership system needed? Is the bard even worth listening to?
- Oleg gifted the heroes with 50gp, a potion of Cure Light Wounds, and a potion of Shield of Faith +2 for taking care of the immediate bandit problem. He suspects the bandits will be back but that they will take time to regroup and by then he’ll have reinforcements from Restov.
- The heroes claimed all the gear on the bodies of the bandits and stripped the gear from the three they captured. Oleg claimed the eight horses for himself as the heroes did not claim them. He is willing to sell them to the heroes if they wish.
- The heroes still need to interrogate the surviving bandits for information.
- The heroes earned 145xp each.